Monday, February 15, 2010

Woot submission


This was a Shirt.Woot derby submission that I did awhile back and never ended up submitting.

The theme for the derby the week I was to submit this was 'space'. There were a few limitations I had to consider that ended up changing the way I normally work. Because of the printing process they use (I think) the shirt could only have 6 different colors, that of course doesn't include the color of the shirt itself. No fades or gradients are allowed only solid colors. The biggest challenge was the limit on the amount of colors, because I went with a character that was defined by shapes instead if lines I had to be careful that everything was properly defined. The few colors I had made that into a bit of an ordeal. Overall I ended up liking it. I just ran into some export issues when trying to export the colors as separate images that kept it from ever being submitted.

1 comment: